To create a new single portfolio(project), go to Portfolio > Add New from the admin panel.
Step by Step
- Portfolio > Add new
- Enter the title
- Please select one category(or more categories).
- Set the Featured image, the Featured image will be shown as the thumb in the portfolio list
- Set the “Layout Template”, there is only one “No Template“ option for now, please choose it.
- Click Publish(Update)
Each portfolio must be set a category. The Category is for organizing the Portfolios.
There would be not categories if you start from a new website. Please create the category firstly.
Go to “Portfolio > Categories”, please create one category at least, all portfolios would be set within this category. You could name it as “Works” or others. If you have several sub-categories, please set “Works” as parent category of these categories.
Please go back the single Portfolio editing page, select category(ies):
You will use the category when you create the portfolio list page. You need to select the “Works” category for the portfolio list page(the portfolio list page is created by the “Grid” or “Masonry Grid” module normally). The sub-categories are for the filter (sorta) of the portfolio list page.
You could set “Featured Image” for a single portfolio, the featured image could be shown in portfolio list(“Grid” or “Masonry Grid” module):
The “Second Featured Image” is for showing-2nd-image-mouseover effect of the portfolio list(“Grid” or “Masonry Grid” module).
If you want to show the default title, please enable this option. Its default value is “Off”. Normally, you could create title in BM Content Builder, it will be more flexible to relocate in the builder. The default title is shown at the top of the page always.
- Show head – Show or hide the header bar. Its default value is “On”. If you don’t want to show the header bar for this page, please disable it.
ps: If you want to config the header layout, please go to Theme Option to set it.
- Show Header when Scrolling – the header bar will hide when open the page. It will show when page is scrolled
- The scrolled distance to Activate Header – enter a number for the scrolled distance
Content From Page Top
The content area will start from the page top edge instead of the header bar if this option is activated.
Transparent Header Background
The header background will be transparent. If there is a hero section on the top of this page, maybe you need to enable this option.
Color rule options
- Logo and Menu Color – set the logo and menu color. If the default logo/menu color is dark, you could set the light(alternative) color with a dark color background. You could choose Logo&Menu color for the mobile layout also.
- Title Color on Irregular Template – set the title color(dark or light) of the single portfolio itself shown on the Irregular page template. The default is “Default color”(dark color). The color text(the part above the image) color will be set as light if it is set “Alternative color”. The color value should be set in the Theme Option.
- Show Footer – Show or hide the footer bar. Its default value is “On”. If you don’t want to show the footer bar for this page, please disable it.
ps: If you want to config the footer layout, please go to Theme Option to set it.
- Enable Footer Overlay – The content will over the content area if this option is activated
Force Fullwidth for Content Area
The default padding on the left and right at the main content will be disabled. If you create a gallery on right/left layout, please enable this option.
It only works for the content that is built by the BM Content builder.
Set a background color for this portfolio itself, you could set the font color also, all text content on the page will be forced to show as the color.
Thumbnail in Grid/Masonry Grid
Normally, the Featured image will be shown in the Grid/Masonry Grid(built by BM Content Builder). You could set to show video by this option. Please read the tutorials.
Enable All Images of The Page Navigated in The Same Lightbox – The option is disabled by default. Normally, if you enable Lightbox in a module of the BM Content builder, the images can only be navigated(Next/Pre) in the same module. The images in the different modules(Single Image, Grid, Masonry Modules) would be navigated in the same Lightbox if enable this option.
Create content with BM Content Builder
The main content(hero, images, slider, video, social icons, text, etc) is created by the BM Content Builder, click the BM Content Builder to enter the builder editing panel. Please read BM Content Builder introduction.
If you can not see the button, please install and activate the BM Content Builder plugin. Learn about how to install it. If you cannot see it after activating BM Content Builder plugin, please make sure update Arnold WP theme and BM Content Builder plugin to the latest version.
00:19 – set the Featured image
00:28 – set the category
00:32 – edit in BM Content Builder
00:35 – insert a pre-made template
00:57 – hero image
01:17 – replace images and content
01:51 – set the masked text
02:17 – insert a Gallery on Right template