To use a WordPress theme, you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For information about installing the WordPress platform, please refer to the WordPress Codex here.
Extract the package file
After extract the main zip file, you’ll see these folders and files:
- sea-theme.zip – Sea theme installable file
- documentation folder – help file
- sea-child.zip – Child theme installable file
- plugins folder – The plugins install file
- log folder
Install the theme file
- Login to your WordPress admin.
- In the “Appearance > Themes” menu click tab “Install Themes”.
- At the top of the page click “Upload”, then click “Choose File”.
- Select the zipped theme file, “sea-theme.zip”, and click “Install Now”.
- After installation, you will receive a success message confirming your new install.
- Click “Activate”.
1. Be sure to extract the file “sea-theme.zip” from the ThemeForest download before uploading. Using the ThemeForest ZIP file directly will result in a “Missing Style Sheet” error.
2. If “The link you followed has expired.” is shown when you upload the zip file. It may be caused by upload size limitation, please increase the PHP configuration:
post_max_size = 64M upload_max_filesize = 64M
Install Bundled Plugins
After activating the theme, you would notice the message box on the top of admin pages to ask you to install/activate some plugins, and you could use them for free or cancel the messages. Include BM Content Builder(must install), Permalinks Customizer, WP Google Maps, Loco Translate, SVG Support.
- Click Begin installing plugins in this message.
- You could check all required plugins; they are optional. You could install/activate what you need:
Note: Please install/activate the BM Content Builder before import demo data.
Not all plugins are necessary. If you don’t need maps, you will not install Google Maps.
Import Demo Data
- Install/activate the BM Content Builder and SVG Support plugin.
- Go to Plugins > Installed plugins, Deactivate all other 3rd plugins.
- Go to Sea Theme > Import Demo, select a demo(thumbnail), the “Import” will be activated, click it.
Sometimes the imported content may be broken if import demo data for multiple times. For example, you have imported the demo Creative and imported the demo Blog again. If there is no useful content on your website, you could reset the WordPress database before the new importing. You could do it by WP Reset plugin. Please notice, it will REMOVE all content(posts/pages/uploaded images, etc) on website.
Please deactivate all plugins except the BM Content Builder before start importing.
Please do not active child theme. Or there would be not any demo data shown out.
Please contact us by email@example.com if you meet trouble. We are happy to help you solve it.