Translate for single language
There are the two main pot files:
Tips: please make the boxes empty in “Art Theme > Theme Options > General Settings: Descriptions”.
Website with Multi-language
- Created a new page(make sure under default language), activate builder editor, put in some modules, click publish.
- Check ‘Duplicate’ checkbox and click “Duplicate” (see the screenshot below) at the right sidebar. “Duplicate” button would be displayed after checking the checkbox. Click the pencil icon to translate the page.
- For a page created by BM Content builder. Please don’t translate the origin modules. You need to clone the modules what need to be translated also. Translate the cloned modules.
Translate the strings like copyright information, Comment title, and so on:
- Install the plugin WPML String Translation.
- Go to left navigation: WPML/String Translation.
- Pickup “admin_texts_ux_theme_option” in selector “Select strings within domain”. The strings will show.
- Click “translations” of every string item, enter the target translated words, check on “Translation is complete” and save it.
Set the language Switcher
There are two ways:
1. To show the Switcher by menu. Go to WPML > Languages, click “+ Add a new language Switcher to a menu”:
The options panel will popup:
Select a menu, set what’s elements(language name, flag) shown, position, color. The Switcher could be shown in the selected menu. The “Dropdown” style doesn’t support footer menu.
2. To show the Switcher by footer element. Go to Art Theme > Theme Options > Layout : choose the “WPML Switcher” for “Footer Elements”, the Switcher(Flag) will be shown on footer: