Before installing Air WordPress theme, you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For information about installing the WordPress platform, please check how to install WordPress.
There are two ways you can install Air WordPress theme. You can choose to install it via WordPress, which is what will be outlined in this article, or alternatively, you can install Air via FTP. Before you can install Air, you need to download the necessary files from the ThemeForest account Air was purchased from. Continue reading below for more information, and watch the video for a visual overview.
00:11 – Download the theme file from the Themeforest
00:24 – Find and upload the installable file “air-theme2.zip”
00:57 – Install and activate the required plugin
01:20 – Import the demo data
Downloading The Installation Files From ThemeForest
The first thing to do is to download the installation files from ThemeForest. There are two packages available, as you can see in the screenshot below – All files and documentation, and the Installable WordPress file only. The Full Theme Package has additional files such as the Child Theme zip, plugin file, demo data files, history version file, while the Installable WordPress file contains only the files you need to upload to WordPress.
- Log in to your ThemeForest account and navigate to your ‘Downloads’ tab and then locate your Air purchase.
- Click the ‘Download’ button and choose to either download the ‘Installable WordPress file only’, which is just the WordPress installable file, or choose to download ‘All Files & Documentation’ which is the full file package.
Extract the package file
After extract the main zip file, you’ll see these folders and files:
- air-theme2.zip – Air theme installable file
- documentation folder – help file
- air-child.zip – Child theme installable file
- plugin folder – The plugin(BM Content builder) install file
- version1 – The Art theme version 1 installable file(for existing users only)
Install Air WordPress theme via WordPress
- Login to your WordPress admin.
- In the “Appearance > Themes” menu click tab “Install Themes”.
- At the top of the page click “Upload”, then click “Choose File”.
- Select the zipped theme file, “air-theme2.zip“, and click “Install Now”.
- After installation, you will receive a success message confirming your new install.
- Click “Activate”.
1. Be sure to extract the file “air-theme2.zip” from the ThemeForest download before uploading. Using the ThemeForest ZIP file directly will result in a “Missing Style Sheet” error.
2. If “The link you followed has expired.” is shown when you upload the zip file. It may be caused by upload size limitation, please increase max_size(check how to increase maximum upload size in WordPress):
post_max_size = 64M upload_max_filesize = 64M
Install Bundled Plugins
After activating the theme, you would notice the message box on the top of the admin pages to ask you to install/activate some plugins, and you could use them for free or cancel the messages. Please notice that the BM Content Builder plugin is only required plugin. Install only plugins for what function you need, for example, install WooCommerce if you want to build an online store.
- Click Begin installing plugins in this message.
- You could check all required plugins; they are optional. You could install/activate what you need:
Note: Please install/activate the BM Content Builder before import demo data.
Not all plugins are necessary. If you don’t need maps, you will not install Google Maps.
Please note that don’t activate the WordPress Classic editor by Classic editor plugin or other way.
Import Demo Data
- Install/activate the BM Content Builder and SVG Support plugin.
- Activate WooCommerce Plugin if you want to import “Store” Demo.
- Go to Plugins > Installed plugins, Deactivate all other 3rd plugins.
- Go to Art Theme > Import Demo, select a demo(thumbnail), the “Import” will be activated, click it.
Maybe you want to import multiple content. Please delete the previously imported content (including pages, posts, media) and empty the trash before new imports. If there is not useful content on your WordPress website, you could delete content by the WP Reset plugin. Please notice, the plugin will REMOVE all content(posts/pages/uploaded images, etc). Don’t use it if there is useful content on your website.
It is not necessary to import multiple demos. If you want to use a layout. You could find and import it by inserting a template in BM Content builder.
- Please deactivate all plugins except the BM Content Builder before start importing.
- Please do not activate the child theme. Or there would be not any demo data shown out. You could re-activate the child theme after importing demo data.
- If there are not demo shown( but the number 1 shown as the screenshot), please add the code to wp-config.php(how)
- The gray boxes are the placeholder images, you could replace them as your own images, check more
Please contact us by firstname.lastname@example.org if you meet in trouble. We are happy to help you solve it.
Replace the placeholders
For license reason, the placeholder images(colorful images) replace the demo pictures. You could replace them as your own images.
Please go to Portfolio > All Portfolio:
Edit each single portfolios, replace the Featured image (the featured image is for the thumbnail of the portfolio list):
Click BM Content Builder to enter the builder panel. Move the mouse cursor above the image, the tool bar will display. click the Pencil icon to edit the module to replace the placeholder images.